New-ish... here

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

mi_chelle

New-ish... here

Post by mi_chelle »

Hi Everyone,

I joined this site a few weeks ago and although I have read the postings and looked at the pictures of the beautiful Goldens, I have not posted myself until now.

Last year, my fifteen year old light coloured Golden Retriever, Winston died. He gave us fifteen years of love, loyalty and friendship so willingly and saying goodbye to him, was the worst and hardest experience I can remember. He had suffered hip problems most of his life and in effect the time came when he wasnt able to walk at all. His great will had perservered but finally he became too tired to struggle on any more. He was a true gentleman who will always have his own special place in our hearts and we will always remember him.

The house was awfully empty without him. Eventually, the empty place in our lives was filled by a beautiful fluffy light coloured puppy who we named Sherlock. Definitely not a replacement for our darling Winston but more a little puppy who helped us pick up the pieces of our lives. I had forgotten what hard work a small energitic puppy could be! A year on, Sherlock has grown into a very handsome boy and is totally devoted to me.

In moving forward, Id like to find a Golden rescue dog, to share our home and hearts. Sherlock is now 16 months old and a friendly and sociable boy who thinks that everyone was put on this earth just to play with him! I must admit that he is spoilt rotten but I cant help it.....but he is (mostly) a well behaved boy who will come when hes called....if there are no other dogs/people about and/or he has nothing more interesting in mind at that moment! I understand that this is a part of the Golden Retrievers Selective Hearing Syndrome...

Not too sure how to move the process of finding a rescue dog forward here. Ive had a look at a couple of other rescue societies and its important to me to find the dog that would live happily in our home with us and our Sherlock. The age and sex of the dog are unimportant. I also wouldnt mind an older dog (in memory of my dear Winston) as I do believe that all dogs are entitled to a happy home life, no matter what age they are.

Id be very grateful for input.

Mi_chelle
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Hello Mi-chelle,

It would be best if you gave me a ring and we can have a proper chat about this. As you say it is very important to find a dog that is suitable to be with your dog it has to be right for both dogs and your family.

Look forward to hearing from you

Jan
mi_chelle

Post by mi_chelle »

Thank you Jan. That would be great.
Where would I find your contact details?
Mi_chelle
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

contact details 01257 262416 anytime
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Welcome Michelle,
Jan is the best person to talk to and will advise you on the best dog to suit your lifestyle, I have a 5 yr old male and a 2.5yrs old female,"
"Double Trouble" as we call them and cannot imagine life without them, there is nothing nicer than seeing 2 goldens playing, enjoying life, and having fun.

We regulary see one of Jans rescued goldens at our caravan park, and its great when they all get together and have a "golden meeting" tails wagging and kisses all round.
Good luck and hope you soon have a "Double Trouble " too.. :)
mi_chelle

Post by mi_chelle »

Thanks very much.
Ill call you today Jan.
Look forward to talking to you.
Michelle