Snowy one today

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Snowy one today

Post by lenny »

Hi everyone sorry about the delay, here at last is a pic of snowy and one of lucy togeather. as tital says snowys 1st birthday today.

janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Lovely photos of two very settled Goldens. Thanks Lenny

Is Snowy asleep on the back of the sette in the 2nd one? very precarious.
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Hi Lenny,

Lovely pictures of your two at last.

Snowy looks to have a beautiful long coat, whereas Lucy's looks quite curly. They are all so different aren't they?

Happy birthday Lucy :)
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Happy 1st Birthday to Snowy.xxxx

They both look so content, but like Jan says, looks a bit of a cliff hanger for Snowy :lol: But, he must like it perched there.

Thanks for the update Lenny.
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Hi Lenny,

My apologies for getting the names mixed up :oops:

Of course I meant Snowy.

A senior moment. I get quite a few nowadays :? :roll: :lol:
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

You cannot tell from the photo but from the back of the setee to the window ledge is less than six inch maybe he could get a paw down but nothing else, he very rarely climbes on top now just sticks his paws on top so he can look out of the window. He really was in no danger, I would have got him down and not been daft enough to have taken his picture if he was. His coat looks a lot better now as it seems to be smoother,not as strawy like on the photo, and he has put a little weight on but not to much, he is setteling down well,and is loved to bits .Just like Lucy.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

I don't think any of us thought for one moment that he may be in danger. Just thought about what positions these Goldens get themselves into and go to sleep. We all know they have a wonderful loving home with you.
patnpaul
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by patnpaul »

wonderful photo's, especially the one on the back of the sofa. They look very content together. Happy birthday Snowy xx
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Hi Lenny,

Hope I didn't sound alarmed on my last post. Nothing could be further from the truth. :oops:

It actually made me chuckle as I remember one of your posts saying that the new leather sofa was out of bounds :lol: :lol: :lol:

Snowy looks so content on his perch, just loved that photo.

All the best to you all.
Eastonwolfs

Post by Eastonwolfs »

They both look very content and well cared for...'life of riley' springs to mind...

(nice settee too!!)
RUSSELL

Post by RUSSELL »

Hi Lenny

Great photo there must be smothing in Their Genes for comfort he looks
like our Jasper when we got him form jan nearly a year ago he has now
gone more honey coloured loves our sette and our bed.

Russell
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Yes the setee was out of bounds for Sunny our first retriever, but then the setee was new , and it was a struggle for him to get on without my help(when the wife was out) :roll: Now the suite is a little older and Lucy and Snowy just climb on top of the things we placed on the setee or push them off when we are not there,or Snowy would chew the things up. So now they get on as and when they please,We have two, by the way so we have our own as well. Lucy is a refined little lady who is very quiet and lady like unless the door bell rings or the letterbox is rattled,then she barks like mad and runs to the sofa to look through the window.She keeps herself to herself when she can but joins in with snowy playing when he winds her up, with the tug of war rope. Snowy is a very loving dog who loves his tickles and cuddles,and would rather sit on you than at the side of you. He loves his food and when out walking will try to eat most things he can get hold of. They are quite different in most ways.Sunny was somewhere in the middle personality wise.They seem to have picked up a few of each others traits, and I am sure they will become great companions to each other in the years to come and the memories that we share with them will be happy and loving ones. :lol:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

They have a wondersul loving home Lenny.