Paracetemol for dogs?

Discuss health issues, for example teething problems, vaccinations etc

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Eastonwolfs

Paracetemol for dogs?

Post by Eastonwolfs »

Hello everyone

Does anyone know if it is safe to give a dog paracetemol?

lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Paracetemol for dogs?

Post by lynn wise »

Paracetamol and Aspirin are more toxic in use for dogs.

Go onto the web. key in Paracetamol for Dogs. There were a few sites dealing with the question. Hopefully you might get some relevant info.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

I think Lynn is right to suggest getting some more info but I am sure paracetamol is not safe for dogs.
John

Post by John »

Asprin and Paracetemol can be given to dogs, with the proviso that, the same as with humans, some can suffer side effects. For a Golden sized dog one 300mg tablet. BUT ON NO ACCOUT GIVE IBUPROFEN!!! Also never give any of these to cats, they will OD on a very small amount. But remember, these are strong drugs and although may be useable in an emergency, but if they are needed then really, unless it is impossible, a trip to the vet is the order of the day.

But always remember, never Ibuprofen, and none of them ever to cats, they will kill!

Regards, John
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Hello John. Nice to hear from you and thank you for the information.

Happy New Year to you. Hope you are well we haven't heard from you for some time

Jan
John

Post by John »

Hello Jan, :1999:

And Happy New Year to you too!

I might not post much, being a bit of an interloper and all that, but I check on here almost every day to see if there is anything I can help with. And you know you can always get in touch if ever you feel I can be of help. :)

Best wishes, John
Eastonwolfs

Post by Eastonwolfs »

Thanks for the replies everyone, in desperation we did give Amber a paracetemol on Sunday...wouldn't normallly, but got advice from the NOAH website, which said it was OK.

All will be revealed...