Molly a Month on...

Details of dogs successfully rehomed

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Molly's Maid

Molly a Month on...

Post by Molly's Maid »

Hello all,

I don't know how many of you are familiar with Molly (whose pen name / celebrity name is now Maggie) but we hit the jackpot when we got her from Jan. Thanks for that, Jan.

Maggie is now the canine correspondent for our website and her pages are over here:

http://www.scarboroughcoast.co.uk/dogs-yorkshire.html

We don't make her work all the time though. She occasionally gets to chew up soft toys and action men, roll in mud, swim in the sea, do her tart act for the boy dogs (this is REALLY popular), jump in smelly becks, keep our coffee table clear of clutter ...... all the usual stuff!

We have settled together really nicely, training is proceeding well, grooming is the highlight of her day (beautification is a high priority for a blondie like Maggie) and the beach is the best place on earth - so it's lucky it's just outside our front door!

Just one little thing: The budget for food and insurance and other essentials seems to be holding out fine. But the budget for soft toys that make a noise (the only ones she is interested in) is moving into three figures. Can I get a mortgage for this or should I just get a second job? :1968

Thanks again Jan for matching us with the new love of our life.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Molly a Month on...

Post by janrobinson »

Lovely to hear from you. So pleased everything has worked out well.
Molly's Maid

Post by Molly's Maid »

Hi all,

Just a little note to tell you all Molly is still doing fine.

She has comandeered the chair in the corner for general lounging purposes. Her favourite programme on TV (she loves it) is The Dog Whisperer. She watches Caesar Milan, understands every single thing he says to the letter, then carefully avoids following his instructions!

It's not true actually. She walks like a dream on the lead, plays with any and all doggy comers in the park and on the beach, sits and waits patiently for her food until she is told she may tuck in, and she LOVES the pub. "So many people, so little time to sniff them and have them affirm how gorgeous I am!"

We are walking her in the park in the morning, to town at some point during the afternoon and on the beach in the evening. She loves her walks and she ADORES the sea....and seaweed.....and seagulls....and sea urchins - if it has sea in it, it's good.

She has settled down now when we leave her outside newsagents etc. and waits as patiently as a goldie needs to until I come back....or until some passing sucker gives in to her charms and babysits with cuddles and strokes (99% of the time).

She has a new bed, which she generally ignores until she gets thrown off her chair (!), she is starting to like chasing balls but nobody told her she was a RETRIEVER because she never brings a thing back, and her obsession for soft toys with a noisey thing inside remains intact.

All in all, we are still a very happy little family. I think she's stuck with us.

Julie

**Picture to follow soon
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Pleased to hear that all is going well for Molly. She sounds lovely, and she seems to have landed on her paws. :1945:
We shall keep an eye open for her next week, as we are going over to Hutton Buscel for the hols.

Don't forget the photo Mum :2081:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Thank you for updates. She has certainly settled into her lovely new busy life.
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Molly sounds a little sweetheart, it'll be lovely to see some photo's :2081:
We now get all Ella's soft toy's from the charity shops, a lot cheaper and of course we check them over first. Whilst on holiday, we called in the RSPCA shop and she gave us a bin bag full.
They couldn't sell them as they had to have the kite mark, so in the washer with some disinfectant. should last her another 12 mths :thumbsup:
Molly's Maid

Post by Molly's Maid »

What a great idea about the soft toys. I'll give it a try ASAP.

Sorry for the delay on the pictures - the camera is playing silly persons and I have no way of getting the phone ones onto the computer. Very frustrating.

Anyway....NEWS!

When Molly came to us, she was a bit nervous of men. In fact she flatly refused to go near one most of the time. Then came Dan. Dan is our temporary house guest and Molly has fallen in love. She plays with, sits with and generally drools over (HA!) Dan. I'm a bit jealous, but I'll get over it. OR I can just throw Dan onto the streets. :1957:

I'm just glad he's here and has cured her of her skittishness.

We walked along the beach wall yesterday afternoon and saw two different people with two other goldens - both soaking wet and rolling in sand for maximum muckiness as always. Was anyone from here on Scarborough South Bay Beach yesterday afternoon (Sunday 4th October) around 3-4pm? Molly was desperate to say hello but we were running short of time and energy after walking her up to the Castle and back - the HILLS!
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Lovely to hear from you and that Molly has a new love in her life. I am sure she has lots of love for everyone now she is settled. There are quite a few of my Rescues in Scarborough so chances are you will meet up with them soon

love to you all :love4
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Hi Julie :2035:
Lovely to hear from you again and that Mollie is doing well.
Certainly sounds like 'Dan's the man' :love2
Ella is just the same with my hubby, Whither thou goest..............x
Molly's Maid

Post by Molly's Maid »

Finally managed to bully the camera into action! Here is Molly in all her glory.

"What did you say?"

"Oh, nothing worth hearing then!"

"Look into my eyes! You are becoming sleepy..."

"Who left these stinky old trainers here? Poo! Have a heart, Dan."

The doggy doughnut in her chair.

"Life is SO exhausting sometimes."

So there you have it. Molly the poser....posing.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

What a pretty girlie. Lovely.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Doesn't she look well, a credit to your care & attention. She is obviously thriving.
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

:2035: Glad you managed the camera.
She's gorgeous, and her coat looks in beautiful condition (must be all that fruit and veg)
A very happy girl x