Ella 12 months on

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

sonia
Advanced User
Advanced User

Ella 12 months on

Post by sonia »

Today is the day we have had Ella 12 months what an incrediable journey it has been :1971
When we first got her she was this shy little thing who needed lots of love and affection, a little unsure around other dogs. If you remember we had this issue when she came into contact with other dogs outside she was quite aggressive toward them, well she has lots of new friends and plays nicely with them. The only time she is off with them is when they are off with her, she can certainly defend herself. Neil and i love her to bits, as does Brad they play so nicely together although Ella is defo the boss :1960 This is a picture of her taken in her favourite place, mind you she will make herself comfy anywhere there is a bed.

I can't believe we have had her 12 months, its gone so quickly. The 12 monthly check at the vets went really well, he said she is a lovely girl very contented , lovely teeth and an ideal weight for her size (wish i was lol..) We think she is just perfect :love5
Thanks so much Jan for all your help even though i think you had doubts about how it would all work out. I hope you received the card i sent?
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Re: Ella 12 months on

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Lovely photograph of Ella, doesn't time go so quickly......doesn't bother me being another year older just that my dogs are..... none of are dogs have ever been weighty..... we are though !!!!
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Hello Sonia, and Happy Home Day Ella. :love6

Well where did the time go, doesn't seem that long ago that Brad was getting his new friend.
Ella looks lovely, so content.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Lovely picture Sonia. Yes I did receive your lovely card with the super picture of Ella I have just posted you a reply so you will probably get that tomorrow. Thank you for persevering and it certainly has been worthwhile. :love4
sonia
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by sonia »

The pleasure is all ours Jan, thank you :love3
Glad you liked the card.
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Hi Sonia,
Wishing Ella a very happy Forever Home Day :love4
She looks beautiful...very happy and contented...a credit to you x
gordons mum and dad
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by gordons mum and dad »

Well Ella certainly looks right at home. Doesn't time pass so quickly when we have our dogs. They give us so much, and although they can be a little demanding at times, it is so much worth taking the time out to stand by them, we certainly reap the rewards ten fold. :love3