Barney

Details of dogs successfully rehomed

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

bonnybilbo

Barney

Post by bonnybilbo »

hi everone! I noticed that Jan had featured Barney the 'abandoned and neglected' goldie a few weeks ago. I was the proud owner of Barney.I collected him from Jan on Good Friday last year and with lots of TLC he blossomed.He was sweet natured and totally adorable.My handsome boy. Sadly Barney became poorly very suddenly and despite tests and investigations and an op I decided he had endured enough.The prognosis was poor(adrenal cancer we think) so on Feb 11th he was pts surrounded by those who loved him.I am still crying buckets and there is a big hole in my heart.
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Re: Barney

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

I am so sorry to hear that 'Barney' has died, it's the one part of owning dogs every dog loving owner hates and dreads.
Jan sends me photographs to put on the website (she hasn't quite got the hang of it yet, but you might have noticed that she has taken a photograph of her Lucy,and she has supplied me with lovely photographs of adorable 'boys and girls' like your 'Barney' with love and care have blossomed, after being found a new home)

Sadly we understand and know how you are feeling on this website, and goldens do take a litle piece of your heart with them......but it does eventually get a little better.

Lynda :love4
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Hi,
I am so very sorry for your loss, you must be heartbroken.
The hardest thing we have to do is to let them go with dignity and our love, and you can take some comfort in knowing that in Barney's short time with you he was happy and in a loving home.
Thinking of you all at this very sad time.

Ella's mum. :love4
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Such sad news,run free at the bridge Barney... :2024:
bonnybilbo

Post by bonnybilbo »

Cobi and Ginnies Mum wrote:I am so sorry to hear that 'Barney' has died, it's the one part of owning dogs every dog loving owner hates and dreads.
Jan sends me photographs to put on the website (she hasn't quite got the hang of it yet, but you might have noticed that she has taken a photograph of her Lucy,and she has supplied me with lovely photographs of adorable 'boys and girls' like your 'Barney' with love and care have blossomed, after being found a new home)

Sadly we understand and know how you are feeling on this website, and goldens do take a litle piece of your heart with them......but it does eventually get a little better.

Last edited by bonnybilbo on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bonnybilbo

Post by bonnybilbo »

[

Cobi and Ginnies Mum wrote:I am so sorry to hear that 'Barney' has died, it's the one part of owning dogs every dog loving owner hates and dreads.

[/quote]
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

I am so very sorry that you have lost your dear friend Barney.What a handsome boy.Be sure that you completed his life for him by giving him the love he needed.I too lost my Sam last year at only 6 it still hurts very much.We have another boy from Jan (nearly 2)who we have called Monty who is a very loving boy and a great friend for Ellie(nearly 13).
My heart goes out to you.It is so desperately sad but in the end the best thing we can do for them is ease their suffering and letting them go no matter how hard it is.We are all thinking about you and sending our heartfelt sympathy.You did such a wonderful thing for Barney by giving him a loving home and being there comforting him.
much love Diane,Ellie and Monty
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

So very sorry to hear your sad news. Thankyou for giving him the love and care that stayed with him till the end, you must be feeling so desperately sad at your loss.

Our thoughts are with you.

My little verse to you.

I wrote your name in the sand, the waves washed it away.
I wrote your name in the sky, the wind blew it away.
I wrote your name in my heart, forever it will stay.
:love4
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

So sorry to hear of your sad loss of Barney, you must be devastated. We all share your sorrow of your loss, Im sure the time you spent togeather will never be forgotten, and the love you shared will be forever in your heart.
dannelle1

Post by dannelle1 »

:2035: Hi, So sorry to hear of your sad loss, but you gave him a good home and lots of love in the time you had him which I'm sure he was very grateful as are all rescues.
I'm sure many of us have been their with these beautiful dogs who leave an imprint on our hearts.

x
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

So sorry to read of your sad loss of Barney.
Our thoughts are with you.
P, S, J & C