Our jaspar jangles

Details of dogs successfully rehomed

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

michelle

Our jaspar jangles

Post by michelle »

We had just lost our faithful Barney Boy at the age of just seven and we wernt coping very well, the house was terribly quiet, we felt lost. I decided to ring Jan just to enquire about adopting a golden, she asked about our family and our interests the age of my children etc. I told her we would prefer a youngish girl or boy so we could have longer with them, rather than adopting a senior, she said that she would let us know when the right dog came along. She told me that at the moment,she only had one old boy! Jaspar age 7 whos owner had recently died but while his owner had been ill Jaspar had been kept in a garden being fed by the neighbours. His coat had become very matted and he had been sheared. AWwww. Later that day after speaking the family we asked Jan if we could come to meet Jaspar. Next day all the four of us went to meet Jan and Jaspar at the kennels. He wouldnt look at us, my son ran with him down the hill, he looked like a puppy with his very short coat , that was 4 years ago. As a family bringing Jaspar home that day was one of the best things we have ever done. This home is very different to his last, He is such a happy boy, very very clever and loves us as much as we love him, we have had such wonderful times together and hope we have many more. Jaspar now has a lovely Bro named Harvey who is 4, we rescued him at 5mths, together they play like puppies. Thanks Jan and to all who make it possible to give us these little treasures xxx love Michelle and family xxxxx
sammingtonsmythes

Re: Our jaspar jangles

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

Hi Michelle and Family
Thank you for sharing your heart warming story of how you came to have Jasper.Can tell that you love him very much.Would love to see some photos of Jasper and Harvey.
love from Diane Ellie(12) and Monty(1)
x10
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Hi Michelle and family,
What a lovely story, so pleased to hear it. Thankyou for giving your love to these 2 boys, long may you have them in your lives.
I think we are all like you, the best days are when we collected our treasures from Jan. Whatever these dogs have known in the past, they are now members of wonderful, caring and besotted families. Just what they deserve.
Happiness comes in Goldie shape.
:love6
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

So nice to hear from you Michelle and to know that you have two very loved Goldens. As everyone has said we would love to see some pictures. :love4 x51
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

So glad you have two lovely goldens that you love so much. Hope you have many more years together.
Hugs for Jaspar and Harvey.
Best wishes (Samsmum).
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Our jasper jangles

Post by lenny »

Its so good to hear how the dogs are getting on, your story is so similar to ours. We couldn't imagine life without our two. They make us smile every day,and we are so grateful to Jan for giving us the chance to look after such special dogs. x3 We hope you have many more happy years with Harvey and Jasper hugs to them from Emily and Snowy. :love6
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

:2035: Hi Michelle, and welcome,

Yours is a lovely story. When we lose our wonderful Golden friends and companions, our lives just don't seem the same anymore. They are so much a part of us and everything we do.

Jasper and Harvey now have a very special forever home with you and your family.

Best wishes to you all, Ellas mum. x3