Clocks back

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Clocks back

Post by lynn wise »

How are everyones dogs coping with the clocks going back, or more to the point, their mums and dads?
Our 2 had me up at 4.ooam for their breakfast :2079:
I have just been into the kitchen to prepare dinner, falling over them wanting their tea at 4.30pm.It's 3.30pm, an hour to go. :2091:
Whoever decided to change the clocks again is in their bad books, that's beside me. Poor dogs, I'm sure they'll be telling Auntie Jan that she's sent them to some god forsaken place that doesn't serve tea up. TOUGH, they will just have to grin and bare it. Meanwhile, I shall no doubt be tripping up over them, reminding me yet again I have forgotten THE TIME. :2090:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Clocks back

Post by janrobinson »

Same here Lynn, Not so much Millie at 5-30 this morning but Sonny who whinged until i got up let him out but didn't feed him. Another hour of whinging by which time Millie had surfaced so breakfast had to be served.

They usually have their dinner at 12 but at 11 they were both in the kitchen gazing at the place where I prepare their food. I should clarify this as I don't prepare anything I just put it in the dish but they don't know that.

All is calm at the moment so I hope yhey can last while 5 for tea.

Just hope they have organised their body clocks for tomorrow. not holding my breath though This is all part of life's rich pattern with dogs. :2029: :love4
milo's mum

Post by milo's mum »

while i do feel for you both i have appreciated george being such an oldie now. she's 12 1/2 and deaf as a post so she does sleep very deeply. went downstairs at 7.30 this morning. she hadn't had a wee since 9 last night so thought she would really be crossing her legs especially with the time difference from the clocks.... not a chance. she was curled up in bed snoring her head off. opened the back door and gently stroked her awake..... she got up turned round in her bed and went back to sleep.
do i sound smug?.........hell yeah........ she's been a right soppy rat bag for years and now we are finally reaping the benefits. had so many years of milo and george both going berserk cos they have been starved that extra hour that it's really nice to have her so calm and not bothered.
one thing i did think about though is in the spring they never complain when dinner comes an hour earlier though do they?
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

MY wife was working this morning so not to bad for me, but at tea time Snowy, the greedy one wanted feeding at the normal time and would not give up till he got his food , we are both off tomorrow who will get up to feed them is up for debate. :2063: