Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

bentley
Senior User
Senior User

We're in!

Post by bentley »

Well THAT was blummin' 'ard work!

Four weeks of living in a holiday flat and then after lots and lots of trauma we finally got the keys to our very own hotel on Monday.

Poor old Bentley has struggled with all the upheaval. Two house moves in a month is too much for anyone never mind a sensitive soul like him. He's had two fits while we've been here and has got so stressed in the last few days that he's started chewing his own tail and made a proper mess of it. This morning he's got an upset tummy as well. That's in spite of me keeping him well dosed up on scullcap and valerian tblets and adaptil spray to keep him calm. Any advice on things to try would be much appreciated. In any case it'll be the vets for us this afternoon.

Apart from all that - it's fab here! I'll post piccies of the hotel and all the details when I get a minute and Bentley's feeling better. I'm just about to take him out for a gentle stroll in the park. No beach for him till that raw tail gets better. We don't want to be getting salt water in that. OWIE!
superjazz

Re: We're in!

Post by superjazz »

So glad the trauma is now over and you have your Hotel. Poor Bentley, hope now things have settled down he will find things much less stressful. Golden are very intuitive and they know when things are not right , especially when moving to different residences. I hope he managed to put a consoling paw on your fevered brows.
Our very best wishes for success in your new venture. :1942:
Pat , Syd & Katie
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

So sorry to hear Bentley has been in the wars but I am sure now you are in he will settle down. My very best wishes to you all and look forward to seeing the pictures :love4
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Congrats in order Lesley :1942:
Pleased that it's happened at last, looking forward to photos.
So very sorry to hear about the lad, he does suffer so. Hopefully things will sort themselves out, and then he can enjoy his life as a surfer.
Are you open for business or having a rest from the hassle? Hope it's the latter as it's been a stressful few months for you both. How is Bob doing after his broken leg?
Take care, and all the best to you both. :love4