Supplements

Discuss health issues, for example teething problems, vaccinations etc

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

John

Post by John »

Rimadyl is also known as 'Carprofen.' There is another drug, developed in Australia before Rimadyl, called 'Cartrophen.' Although the generic names are similar, the drugs are radically different. Cartrophen Vet is not an NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug)
Woops! Sorry Kathryn, I completely misread your post! :oops: I was thinking more about my arm and leg amputation as I was just heading out through the door to pick up my Landrover from the doctors :wink:

Regards, John
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

:D @ John... dont worry it happens to us all... hope the landrover gets better soon.... :)
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Supplements

Post by lynn wise »

Have come back to this thread, I remembered that John had put a post on about tablets for his old lady, and that they had worked. Thanks John, have just placed an order for some. (flexivet) from petmed.
The boy's been laid up with a sprain this week and is on Metecam, which is working. Thought that when he comes off it will give him a Glucosomine supplement. I guess he is like his mum, feeling the onset of age related ailments!!!
John

Re: Supplements

Post by John »

Like a lot of things Lynn, it takes awhile to build up in the body, but Anna is doing well on it. But like I said, not all seem to work well on all dogs (dont ask me why) so it after a month to 6 weeks things are not improving don't hesitate to try something else. A friend swears by the Barrett and Holland but another friend swears AT them. :2007:

Regards, John