funday sept 08

Share your fundraising ideas

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

bronson

funday sept 08

Post by bronson »

Thanks Jan we are looking forward to coming to the funday and so is Bronson.
Julie and Mike
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Thanks, looking forward to seeing you and Bronson too.
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Sorry to say cannot make the open day as we go on holiday to greece two days before, trying to get son or son in law to take lucy and snowy, will be thinking of you all and am very dissapointed not to make it ourselves, we usally go away eairly september but will make sure its later next year. Hope you all have a good time and look foward to your posts to tell me what it was like. Hope you have great weather and a fantastic day.
patnpaul
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by patnpaul »

Hi Jan, we are looking forward to the fun day, I cannot think of a better way to spend a day than surrounded by Goldens. Holly is looking forward to it too, she loves company, especially goldens. See you there
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Sounds like everyone excited at the prospect of Fun Day.
Don't forget, any unwanted gifts that have found their way into your cupboards, hang on and take them for the stall. Slowly but surely gathering bits and bobs together for Jan, it all helps I'm sure.

I for one am really looking forward to meeting all the people we,ve chatted to.. I'm sure Grumpy will have a field day with the camera :wink:
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Fun Day.......

Post by Ellas mum »

I'm sure it's going to be great again :D

Does everyone remember the really "wet one"? Everyone in the church hall. I remember walking in to a 'sea' of Goldens, what a site!! Stays in my memory. They were all so well behaved too. Outside for the competions, then in again, dogs and owners wet through, the fragrance of " eau de wet dog" filling the air, wonderfull!!! :lol: :lol:

Can't wait.
Last edited by Ellas mum on Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

That " wet one " was a day to remember. I never thought anyone would turn up . But they did and the hall was packed to the rafters, Din't know what " Health & Safety" would have said about that. Everyone was talking and laughing. It was likened to the air raid shelters in the Blitz. Not by me I hasten to add. But I have ben told what it was like then !!!! :lol:
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Yes we remember the wet funday well.

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Yes it was our first fun day as Hubby has to work some weekends and poor Ginnie does not 'do' laminate or non carpeted floors she gets herself in a state. so we had to leave at 1pm ish but I took loads of photographs of the people and more importantly the dogs, some of which were OK,I think Jan said there were in excess of 70 dogs in the village hall, boy, did it smell of 'wet hounds' and there was the occasional bark but NO CROSS WORDS, they all seem to known that they belong to the same breed and must behave themselves as Jan is watching them all !!!
If anyone wants a copy of the photographs let me know.
chris w

Post by chris w »

Hi All,
As we are new to the site, please could you let me know when the fun day is, so as we can book it in our diary. I would love to meet you all and so would Poppy!! Thanks
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Unfortunately Chris the Fun day is restricted to our Rescue Goldens and their families two & four legged.
siataukreg

date and venue please?

Post by siataukreg »

what is the date for this ? and venue
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Have sent you a private message and will send you another flyer if you have lost your original. We do not want to publish details as it is a private function.
chris w

Post by chris w »

It is such a shame that only rescue families can attend the funday. It would of been a really nice experience to see all the rescued goldens and how they have fitted in to the families. I would of thought it would have been an ideal opportunity to invite members of the site and for everyone to meet each other, to enable people to put names to faces.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

This is how it is and there are many good reasons for it to be held this way. However there is nothing to stop you having a get together of your own.
bronson

Fun Day

Post by bronson »

We will be there, brolly and waterproofs packed just in case :lol: :lol: