Heaven is...........

Share your funnies and have a laugh - Remember, there may be young eyes watching so keep it clean

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Heaven is...........

Post by Ellas mum »

An American decided to write a book about famous churches around the world, so he bought a plane ticket and took a trip to Rome. On his first day he was inside a church taking photographs when he noticed a golden telephone mounted on the wall with a sign that read Euro10,000 per call'. The American, being intrigued, asked a priest who was strolling by what the telephone was used for. The priest replied that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 you could talk to God. The American thanked the priest and went along his way.

His next stop was in Moscow. There, at a very large cathedral, he saw the same golden telephone with the same sign under it. He wondered if this was the same kind of telephone he saw in Rome and he asked a nearby nun what its purpose was. She told him that it was a direct line to heaven and that for R10,000 he could talk to God. 'O.K., thank you,' said the American.

He then travelled to France, Israel, Germany and Brazil. In every holy place he saw the same golden telephone with a '$10,000 per call' sign under it. The American finally decided to travel to the UK to see if the British had the same phone. He arrived in York and again, in the Minster, there was the same golden telephone, but this time the sign under it read '20p per call.' The American was surprised so he asked the Dean about the sign. 'Reverend, I've travelled all over world and I've seen this same golden telephone in many churches. I'm told that it is a direct line to Heaven, but everywhere I went the price was $10,000 per call. Why is it so cheap here?'

The priest smiled and answered, 'Well my son you're in Yorkshire now - it's a local call'. :1959:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Heaven is...........

Post by janrobinson »

Wow you will get some stick for that one.
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

youve spelt that wrong its spelt Lancashire,or maybe its because yorkshire men are so tight with money, even at that price, he wont get many calls. :2052:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

:2011: :2011: :2011:

How Dare You :1951:

Mind you, does that mean we give value for money in this back of beyond county?

Sorry, Gods own County.
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

OOh..... war of the roses again.....
:2008:
Molly's Maid

Post by Molly's Maid »

Now I'm torn between great indignation and hysterics.

I'm a southerner with strong links in Lancashire AND Yorkshire - and a vicar to boot.

Hmmm.....maybe I should get one of those phones installed now I'm in Scarborough. :2052:
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Oh no!!!!!......I hope I haven't offended anyone (you did say I might get some stick Jan) :2003:

We do get the 'War of the Roses' now and again on here, but it's all in good fun :love4
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

:1949: :1949: :1949:
Splitting my sides here.
Well Jean, hands well and truly slapped.
Sorry, only jesting. Love you to bits.