From our friend, Ken Rothwell..

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

The Jones's

From our friend, Ken Rothwell..

Post by The Jones's »

MISTAKEN IDENTITY

On 12th September, 2009 I arrived back at the caravan after being away for a few hours. I lifted the garden gate up and was greeted, as usual, by Ziggy, Annie and Gemma (Sally was in the car).

We all went into the caravan and upon entering, something caught my eye in the bedroom. I looked again and, much to my surprise, there were two Labradoodles on the bed! The bedding was stacked up like a tent. They had removed a bag of salmon and rice mixer from the kitchen and torn it apart. Therefore, there was mixer all over the bed and the floor. I looked at them and said “What are you doing here?” They just stood there wagging their tails, so fast in fact, that pieces of pillow cases were flying about over the bed. I found that two pillow cases had become rags and another two had been chewed. I managed to coax them both off the bed but they seemed to be enjoying themselves so much that they jumped back on.

Amazed to see the two intruders on the bed, I shouted through the thick conifer hedge to my next door neighbour “Geoff” and he shouted back “I’ve put your dogs back in your caravan as they were on our patio”. I said, “thanks, but they’re NOT my dogs”. He said, “well they looked like your four Goldens”. When I asked him to explain that when he opened the gate and was greeted by Ziggy, Annie and Gemma and put the two mystery dogs in the caravan that 2 + 3 = 5, he replied that he thought I must have acquired another. I said “FIVE, FIVE?!!. At long last, I managed to get the two Labradoodles out and they shot off at speed.

Someone said a lady was driving around the site looking for them. I found her and she asked me if I’d seen two Labradoodles. I said, seen them, they’ve trashed my bedroom. She said “oh, they’re not allowed in our house because they used to trash it”. Her comment was that they must have thought all their Christmas’s must have come all together.

The dogs were eventually caught, after being on the run from the local village for many hours. The lady and her husband came round with replacement bedding and money for mixer. I later laughed about it, until I realised they had urinated on the throws over the settees. I suppose it is just another day in the life of someone who owns four Golden Retriever Rescue Dogs.

Ken Rothwell
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Re: From our friend, Ken Rothwell..

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Oh my word...I'd probably have had a giddy fit !!!!!
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

I am afraid I did laugh when Ken rang me to tell me this tale. I suppose they all look alike to a non doggy person. :1951:
Wickets mum

Post by Wickets mum »

I hope that you can sit back and laugh about this... even if it is in 6 months time! Just think it could be worse... Muddy Goldens in all their glory or destructive doodles... I know which I would pick! xx
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

:2035: GOOD GRIEF........what a site!!!

This could be our story of the year :2078:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Wasn't quite sure how to reply to this!
Have been picturing Ken trying to coax the 2 interlopers off his bed, or at least what was left of it. Then to find they had piddled on the settees, OH MY GOODNESS. So much for country/seaside living.
Whos betting he doesn't get another visit if they manage to escape again. Oh, we''ll just go see that lovely man again. :2059:
Eastonwolfs

Post by Eastonwolfs »

Well that really made me laugh...my favourite bit was...

I looked at them and said “What are you doing here?”

...as if they could answer back!!!

So funny...but lucky for them they came across a dog lover... :1968 :1968 :1968 :1968 :1968
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

OMG,how can you pass 2 labradoodles for 4 goldens!.. :2074: I will ask Ken next time I see him... :1939: