my new boy

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: my new boy

Post by janrobinson »

Just to go back to your thoughts on Vaccinations. I personally do not have my dogs vaccinated after the first course. We do not vaccinate our children every year. Surely our dogs will get their own immunity as our children do

I have known puppies be seriously ill after vaccination and some have died. but that is extreme.

I also think ( and people can call me mad if they dare ???) that Chernobyl has caused more cancers. Look what it did to the people of the area and it can not be said that it didn't come this far because the sheep were affected so we must be as well in some way.
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

That's really interesting Jan thank you will bear that in mind.I know what you mean about Chernobyl too it was a bad time for the farmers.Would they really tell us the long term effects??
Some photos of Ellie and Sam with their Kongs :love5 :love5
What wonderful weather for dog walking.The town looked wonderful below.Took Ellie first down the lane and up the field met a lovely GSD pup- Ellie is really the best dog to introduce young dogs to.Solid as a rock.
Monty and I then went up and up into the fields of the wonderful derbyshire hills.Lots of Hares around but could only manage this one-no wonder with me coughing and wheezing.This is the best time of the year to spot them as they tend to congregate,they are also losing their winter coats so looks a bit tatty.Wonderful creatures always a joy to spot.Never found a leveret yet though you have to be very careful where you tread as the mothers leave them all day hidden in the grass they won't move an inch then return in the evening to suckle them. :love5
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Absolutely stunning. Thankyou Diane for sharing.

We're on mouse hunt at the moment. Willow caught one this afternoon, she's kept going to the same spot on the path upto the moor for a few days. Well today she struck lucky. Poor mouse.
Last edited by lynn wise on Tue May 18, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sammingtonsmythes

Thanks Lynn there's no better place at this time of the year than England don't you think.Adore your photos too.Well at least it was a quick death for poor old mousie.best wishes Diane :1999:
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

What a lovely spot Diane, such wonderful views. These photo's of Ellie & Sam must hold precious memories for you. How lovely that you can now take Monty too.....it's no more than he deserves :love4
Jean (Ellas Mum)
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Lovely pictures to treasure. Thank you for sharing.
Samsmum (Joyce).
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

What lovely pictures and as everyone says before me What stunning views. Two very happy Goldens.
Diane

Post by Diane »

I lost my lovely golden retriever pal Wallace after 13 very memorable years with him. He was just so special and I miss him terribly.
It's lovely to read your story and see such a happy outcome from what was a sad loss for you too.

I'm hoping that I may be able to adopt a new friend from the golden retriever rescue, but am new to this so don't know what the process is and how long it takes to actually get to the stage of bringing home a new friend.

Good luck :-)
julie

Post by julie »

Hi Diane,

Welcome to the site and so sorry to hear of your loss. It is an experience that too many of us share with you, hope that you may find some comfort here with us.

If you phone Jan on 01257 262416, she will take you through the whole process or adopting one of these fine friends. How long depends - Jan will make sure you get the right match. For us, Honey came home about 6 wks after first speaking with Jan (but xmas and new year were in that period).

Best wishes,
Julie
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Hi Diane, welcome to the site,

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss of Wallace.
He was with you for many years and must have left a huge hole in your life. All of us on here will know how you must be feeling.

As Honey's Mum says, Jan is the person to speak to.

Best wishes and good luck.
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Hi Diane, sorry to here of your sad loss, we are one big family on here, and most of us know the pain you must be going through.I do hope Jan can ease your pain, She helped us out when we lost our special boy, and now we have two goldens who we love dearly.Good luck in your quest Im sure the outcome will be possative, please keep us informed. :thumbleft
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Hello Diane

We are sorry to hear about your loss of Wallace, it doesn't make any difference how old they are when you have to say goodbye to them, because they are so much a part of you and your life.

We have two goldens from Jan, Ginnie who could be 12yrs old was collected from Jan in 2000 and Cobi we had from Jan in 2005 is 6yrs old.

Jan will take your details if you give her a ring.

We can't thank her enough as Ginnie and Cobi are great together, the best two goldens we have ever owned for getting on and playing together. They are great pals.

:love4 :love4
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

So sorry to hear of your loss of Wallace - I'm sure we all feel for you, as we have been through losing a beloved friend ourselves, and it is an awful time.
I am sure Jan will make sure you get the right dog for you - somehow, she always does. Hope you find a new friend soon, and that you will enjoy many years with him/her.
sammingtonsmythes

So sorry for losing Wallace i know how you must be feeling.They are such special companions aren't they/So sorry i have only just read your message.I am all loved up here with Ellie & Monty.I think of Sam every day though and dream about him.We had such an amazing connection.They make you feel so adored don't they.Monty is getting there he is only a young boy at one and it is wonderful to see the developing love in his eyes.I do hope you can find that love again soon.I send you all my best wishes.
Diane,Ellie & Monty :love4