my new boy

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

sammingtonsmythes

my new boy

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

Hello everyone!!
good news i have a new man in my life thanks to Jan.We are calling him Monty.Ellie has accepted him very well didn't hear a peep out of them last night and no mess or destruction so far.Needs a lot of training.Was very scared when we picked him up.Didn't know what his legs were for and would rather crawl on his belly.Getting him used to the car by sitting in the boot myself and coaxing him in with treats.Next step to close the door and then to actually go somewhere.All over the place on the lead but already a bit of training is working wonders.He is very affectionate also.Ellie and I have got very wet ears now!!So submissive that he peed himself when Andy got in from work.Didn't make a fuss about it am sure he will grow out of it with some confidence as i know he can't help it.Love him to bits already.Thank you Jan again maybe now i can stop grieving for Sam so much.As usual Jan you are my hero can't thank you enough for what you do for these wonderful creatures.
Diane ,Andy,Ellie & Monty
Last edited by sammingtonsmythes on Wed May 12, 2010 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Re: my new boy

Post by lynn wise »

Hello Diane,
So pleased to read your news.
Welcome Monty to your new forever home. He sounds and looks lovely.
It must be such a traumatic experience for these lovely dogs, taken away
from the life they have known, into kennels, then out with strangers. It
never ceases to amaze me how quickly they adapt to their new life.

Well Done you :love4
sammingtonsmythes

Thank you Lynn i know what you mean.The basket of toys always seems to make them feel at home i think!
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

What lovely pictures and what a difference in his eyes already. I bet he looks a bigger dog now he isn't crawling on his tummy everywhere.

Hope Ellie is as happy as him :love4
sammingtonsmythes

She has accepted him really well Jan.I think it was nice for her to have company last night.
If he does try to play with her we do make sure he isn't too rough.They have had a couple of tug-o-war games with Ellie winning!Going to be a long haul with the car i think but gently does it.He's a wonderful dog so affectionate bless him.All going quite well but early days.He has to trust us totally before we can train him properly.He really is a different dog from yesterday Jan seems very happy.Will keep you posted thank you so much again for bringing us so much joy Jan
take care
x
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

:2035: Hi Diane,
What lovely news! I'm so pleased for you all.
And what a gorgeous young man he is too. We had the same problem with Ella when it came to jumping into the boot of the car. Many's the time my husband has had to get in there first to coax her in. Now and again she'll decide that she doesn't want to go, but loves it when she get's there, it's not a problem. :1960
Now he's in a loving home, I'm sure he'll be fine in no time. As Lynn says, they are so adaptable and forgiving in their nature.

Welcome to Monty and good wishes from us all.
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

What a handsome young man! So very pleased for you - it takes time to get over the loss of a dog, but it is amazing how rewarding it is, getting to know a new one. It is also such a challenge, but we all rise to it don't we?
We got our Sam nearly three years ago, when he was about ll months, and he has turned out to be absolutely great. There were a few problems at first - he was so afraid that he was all curled in, with humped back, and his tail coming out somewhere between his two front legs, but we couldn't wish for a lovelier friend and companion, and Goldens are almost always so loving, and watching their characters developing is very satisfying.
Really delighted for you, and I know Jan will be thrilled that he is settling in well.
Best wishes - Samsmum (Joyce).
Molly's Maid

Post by Molly's Maid »

Congratulations to Monty and the whole family. :love6

Molly is ecstatic for you all. She sits with me and looks at the pictures when I write on the boards. I can tell when she's pleased because she shoves her nose under my hand to help me type the right thing!

Monty is a beautiful boy and I'm delighted to know he's in the right place now.
hope

Post by hope »

Monty looks beautiful, he will get happier and more settled with time. He is very lucky he has a loving home and Jan certanly does do a fantastic job. be happy much love me,john and solo x :love6
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

congratulations, on your new addition he looks a real charmer, Im sure with a lot of love and care he will blossom into happy and much loved member of your family.Things might happen slowly at first but with your help Im sure Monty will repay your love many times over. :love5
sammingtonsmythes

Thank you all you lovely Mums and Dads and their Goldens for all your support when we lost Sam and now when we adopt our new boy Monty,Can't believe how well things are going.Responding really well to training and is a good friend for Ellie as you can see in the following pictures.Ellie is the one on her back the flirt!Monty keeps bringing me thinks as if to ask am i allowed to play with this?Caught him looking at me with a really serious look on his face-can't imaging what he must be thinking.Is this my forever home?
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

The look in his eyes , seems to me seems to be saying, please can I stay here, I like my new friends and want to stay here,and be loved for the rest of my life, I may not be perfect yet, but with your guidence, I will mend your broken hearts. :love3
sammingtonsmythes

You know how to make a girl cry!!!!
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Lenny's put it wonderfully.
Gorgeous pictures of your twosome.
So pleased to hear all going well, he looks to be settling in a treat.
Another happy Golden.
:love4
CarolynM
Senior User
Senior User

Post by CarolynM »

Hi Diane

What a handsome addition to your family :love2 , he is a stunner and looks a real cheeky chappie.

You are right Lynn, Lennys words were lovely - tissue time again!!!

xx