Some advice

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

sonia
Advanced User
Advanced User

Some advice

Post by sonia »

Today whilst out walking Ella she slipped her collar and off she ran, luckily Neil was just a little ahead with Brad who is very good off the lead. Neil managed to get hold of her but she then proceded to attach another dog that was there.
I have never had this problem with any of our dogs attacking others, i am now scared she will do it again :(

I think i have a harness somewhere i had best try that. Any other advise?? I think this is how she became a stray, as i have watched her on the lead twisting and turning to try and get away, so tighten the collar.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Some advice

Post by janrobinson »

Perhaps the shock of being free and then being caught got her a bit worked up. We never know what has happened before but if she was grabbed it may have reminded her of other things.It is early days yet and she has to get her confidence with you. Perhaps John is reading your post and he probably will have some advice for you.
Eastonwolfs

Post by Eastonwolfs »

If she's not good on a lead/theres a chance she could run off and she's quite young would you not fancy trying some dog training classes?
John

Post by John »

Sorry, for some reason I've not been able to get on here for a little while, and have only just been able to get back, by going to the home page instead of direct to the forum. This is just to say that I'll post again on here later this evening. But as a question for now, How have things gone since? Any further problems?

Regards, John
sonia
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by sonia »

John she is a lot better now we have her on the harness, she does try twisting and turning but she can't escape the harness.
I have to say we haven't really encountered any other dogs , just in the distance she gets a little worked up but other than that she is fine.
John

Post by John »

Glad to hear it Sonia. Hopefully things have settled now, (I take it from Jan's post that you had not had her long.) But if there is anything dont hesitate to get in touch, either on the forum or via PM. I check here every day, and would have seen this earlier except I kept getting a message that the site was unavailable! It was only when I tried to get in via "Home" that I found you again!

Regards, John