Crowd stoppers

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Crowd stoppers

Post by lynn wise »

Yesterday, we went into Ilkley for a jaunt. Needless to say the dogs went also. We were walking along The Grove ( the posh bit !!!) when outside Betties, we met another couple with their Golden---Sydney. It was grand, lots of waggy tails and smiles, fussys all round. People were stopping to ask if they could stroke them all, oohs and ahs from all quarters. A family group came along, french I think, and Papa got out the camera and merrily clicked away. It never ceases to amaze me what an impression this breed makes on people. Boy, don't you feel proud ?
We then went into Otley, same thing again, please may we stroke your dogs.? David and I were once again proud as Punch. What a joy these dogs are.
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Crowd stoppers

Post by lenny »

Agree with what you say Lynn, when I take my two out almost always someone makes a fuss of them. Infact if no one makes a fuss of them I dont know whos the most dissapointed me or them. :2006:
Last edited by lenny on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sonia
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by sonia »

Yep we get the same response and always stop for a natter, much to Brad disappointment :2009:
He is always impatient and went to get moving again...
They are the best breed ever :love4 Well we would say that lol...
hope

Post by hope »

:2081: my john and i have got your woody vidieo and your timber on the road video on our favorites. when i first saw them the first one had me in tears the music that was played on the video's was brilliant.fantasticly done. i have one golden now solo. we had krusoe who passed only about 4 months ago. the heartbreak is terrible he had kidney failure and had to be put to sleep. john had hold of him to the end and was whispering ...wait for me in heaven kru...... they are your family and you just love them so so much.... well your goldy's are beautiful and long may you have the love and comlete closeness you obviously have. my solo misses his brother. who knows one day we may find the goldy that needs us and loves us as much as we will love him .... thank you so much for sharing your videos with us all... its staying on my favorites... well because it is a favorite ..... xxxx :love3
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Hi Hope,
So very sorry to read about Krusoe, and that Solo is missing his friend. It definately isn't easy loosing a dear friend, I feel for you. I'm sure this situation doesn't get any better the older we get, we are still terribly sad about Timber. Having said that, without that happening, we wouldn't have met our wonderful Woody. For us. getting him so soon afterwards really helped to heal a gaping wound. Also, it gave Woody the home and love that he deserved, as with all these Rescue dogs.

We can't thank Jan enough for ringing when she did, think we must add Heart Mender to her many virtues. :love6
xxx
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Welcome Hope, we are sad to hear of your loss of your beloved Krusoe,most of us on this site know what you must be going through at this sad time.The home that you gave him must have made his life wonderfull, and the love he gave you will stay with you forever.Time will heal, but at this awfull time ,All my family are thinking of you and send our love. :love3
hope

Post by hope »

thank you for your kind concern, yes its hard he gave us everything and we gave him our hearts and so so so much love. he was the gentlest gentlman and we adored him. once again thank you so much ,this is a lovely lovely site with such lovely people. xxxx :love5
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Our two usually have people asking to stroke them, whilst on holiday we went to the local supermarket to get some shopping, when I came out I found crowd round our car all stroking Paddy & Lucy lapping up all the attention... :)
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Hi Hope, and welcome

So sorry to hear of your loss of Krusoe. Most of us on hear know the heartbreak of losing a beloved friend. The kindest and most loving thing we can do, is to let them go with dignity and love, free from pain and knowing that they will live on in our hearts.

Our thoughts are with you X
hope

Post by hope »

thanks to all..... we are all big softy's but thats good the world needs us. too many hard egotistical people in the world just out for themselves, do you know we are all great........my john says you have to harden up but i like me just the way i am. hopefully caring,kind to my fellow man and especially animals.. so you see really its o.k to have a soft heart xxxxx, :1999: for you all with love.